Cyber Security Operations Manager
Permanent / Full Time
This reputable company is headquartered in the heart of Sydney's CBD and is looking for a strong technical security operations manager who can roll up their sleeves as required, whilst leading the team and interfacing with technical management and the C-suite as required. Reporting to the Head of Information Security, this person will be responsible for managing and improving the effectiveness and maturity of the company's Security Controls and operational practices, particularly around Security Incident Response.Responsibilities will include:
- Oversee the management of security incidents and events to protect corporate IT assets, including intellectual property, regulated data and the company's reputation.
- Co-ordinate high priority and major security incidents providing leadership, guidance and subject matter expertise as required.
- Security Incident Response preparation and testing including creating, managing and testing of plans and playbooks.
- Governance of partners, key vendors or third-party providers in all areas of Information Security.
- Management of Security Operations Centre (SOC) performance
- Continuously improve the Information Security Operations Practice
- Work with Threat Intelligence providers to ensure Controls are configured optimally for new and emerging threats
- Creates detailed security operational reports to measure performance of security controls and threat exposure.
- Liaise with senior level management and other key stakeholders including managers, engineers, analysts, and other professionals within the Technology team.
Experience and education required:
- SOC management or Lead Incident Responder experience;
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field;
- Sans GGIH and/or GCFA;
- CISSP / CISM or equivalent security qualifications ideal.
This is a senior role within the security team of an amazing company that engages with all the global banks, super tech firms as well as numerous government agencies so the threat landscape is broad and therefore the role will be very interesting. It just needs someone with the management capability who is technically able to manage incident response. If this sounds like you, please contact email@example.com or call Matt on 0417688772 without delay as this role is being interviewed for now.