Permanent / Full Time
Our client is a UK headquartered cyber security company who has recently opened an office in Canberra. They have been operating for 7 years in UK and Europe and are now looking to expand across Australia, given they have already secured a number of major clients here.
This is an excellent opportunity to join this firm whist they are in full growth mode here - and this role will have huge opportunity to grow and build out a team around you.
Being a technical role, you'll come from a build/deployment background, having strong Linux skills and eagerness to provide systems support throughout the life of a delivered platform. Time will be split between build/configuration/delivery of new systems and platforms, and the ongoing support of existing platform infrastructure, from server hardware through to virtual components, and network infrastructure.
There are a number of key skills and responsibilities which include:
- Linux (Red Hat/CentOS/Ubuntu)
- Ongoing system administration including patching/updates, service incident resolution, problem identification & root cause analysis
- Scripting experience e.g. Perl, Python, Shell
- Windows desktop proficient to be able to build and support end user devices
- Networking Solid understanding of TCP/IP networking including routing, switching, and firewalling (including NAT, VPN)
- Ability to configure network switches and firewalls, and provide through-life network infrastructure administration and support o Connecting devices to networks (including physical elements such as cabling)
- Responding the customer problems and enquiries, including config guides/config log sources to send info to platform etc
- Public cloud experience such as Amazon AWS or Microsoft Azure
Like most technical roles these days - there a range of desirable skills, but please apply even without the below!
- VMware (or other hypervisor) build/configuration experience for deployment of new platform infrastructure, hypervisor patching
- Experience supporting server hardware e.g. Cisco/HP/Dell/IBM; BAU maintenance, firmware updates, troubleshooting, resolution of hardware issues Systems integration experience; familiarity with integration of data feeds such as syslog, windows event forwarding, regular expressions/parsing
- Familiarity with security working practices, experience working on previous government projects • Experience with automation of builds, patching, other tasks (e.g. Ansible, Puppet)
- Vulnerability management
- MS Windows Server technologies and best practice – Server Configuration and security hardening, Active Directory, Group Policy, Networking, IIS
If you are excited by new challenges, enjoy continual learning & development, and want a role that provides flexibility and job growth - then please call Kate 0428206286 to discuss further and/or apply online today.