Infrastructure Support Engineer
Permanent / Full Time
Dynamic cyber security company who are changing the shape of the Cyber Security industry are now recruiting a whole new team in Canberra.
Providing a challenging and rewarding environment where team members are encouraged to develop and learn while playing an instrumental part in helping the company to do the same.
We are looking for a self-motivated, enthusiastic, and capable IT professional to join our growing team in Canberra. Joining the company is a rare opportunity to be a part of a company with very strong foundations and establish a new business region. The Infrastructure Support Engineer provides support to external and internal customers, assisting them through support and consultancy.
The role is predominantly Linux focused and therefore requires a good level of relevant knowledge and experience. The right candidate will be excited by new challenges, enjoy continual learning & development, be adaptable, and thrive under pressure.
Looking for broad skillsets with experience across the below, although not specifically an expert in all these areas, training will be provided.
This includes a dedicated annual training budget.
Essential skills include:
• Linux (Red Hat/CentOS/Ubuntu) o General system administration including patching/updating o Networking o Filesystems o Scripting (Bash, Python)
• Networking o Basic, working understanding of TCP/IPv4 networks o Troubleshooting basic L2/L3 networking issues
• Understanding of Public Key Infrastructure
• Public Cloud experience o Knowledge of and experience with either Amazon AWS or Microsoft Azure
• Knowledge of security working practices
• Ability to work in a secure environment where necessary (meaning no mobile phones, internet access etc.)
For a confidential discussion please call Kate 0428206286