Level 1 Network Security Engineer
Contract or Temp
This team supports a number of Australian Government departments, and continue to grow year on year.
This operations centre is focused around collaboration and success and you will be a part of a skilled operations team managing dynamic multi-tenanted and dedicated secure gateway environments.
These environments utilise a range of technologies that are underpinned by a framework that ensures security, reliability and agility for our customers. Because of these extensive environments you will have the opportunity to work with a variety of technologies across multiple vendors including Cisco, VMware, Nutanix, Cloud Computing, Checkpoint, F5, McAfee, Juniper, Palo Alto,
Splunk, BlueCoat and more.
What you’ll be doing:
● Working a 24/7 rotating Shift roster, performing Change Management/Incident Resolution and HA monitoring on Federal Government Secure Internet Gateways.
● Change Management, including the preparation and implementation of Changes on a number of Gateway Devices – Firewalls/Proxies/DNS/Load Balancers.
● Incident Resolution will require you to work with our customers to troubleshoot/diagnose un-intended network traffic issues.
● Monitor and action Health Alerts generated.
● Performing a Service Desk type function, consisting of the allocation and prioritisation of tickets based on SLA. Responding to customer requests.
You’ll need to have:
● One (or more) years’ experience in an IT/Networking or similar role.
● Relevant Industry certifications - Cisco, Checkpoint, Juniper, Palo Alto, Bluecoat, ITIL.
● One or more years’ experience working with Linux, DNS, Firewalls, F5, VMware, Proxies and Email
● Experience in monitoring tools such as Nagios or Cacti.
● A current Australian Government Security clearance (NV1)
For a confidential discussion please call Kate 0428206286 and/or apply today.