Senior Consultant - Cyber Security recruitment
Permanent / Full Time
Before we jump into who we are as a business, the work we perform and the team you’ll be a part of, we wanted to tell you what’s in it for you, because we know that’s what you want to hear.
We’re looking for established recruiters who have been in the industry a few years and know the ropes and now.... here are some of the benefits:
· Fantastic salary package (depending on your experience, we’re looking around the $90 - $115k base inc. super).
· For experienced 360 Consultants, commission is calculated and paid monthly, and you start earning 50% comms for any billings over $40k.
· A very low monthly threshold for experienced Consultant (hit $20k, make commission on everything above that).
· Zero micro-management, clock watching or arbitrary KPIs.
· Regular interstate travel to attend industry events and conferences (border closures pending, of course).
· Freedom!!! You won’t be pigeonholed into a certain market or vertical; you pursue what you want to pursue within the cyber security world.
· A small, tight-knit team who truly will assist you succeed and make money. Your colleagues will gladly help you, answer your questions, share info and advice; you’ll feel supported with us, and there’s none of that cut throat nonsense, or candidate “ownership”.
· The occasional pub lunch or after-work pint aren’t uncommon if that’s your vibe.
· And a gym membership to help you burn off the team lunches and drinks.
Now, who are we, you ask? The Decipher Bureau is a specialist cyber security recruitment consultancy established in Australia in January 2014.
Since we started, we have helped to build Cyber Security & Tech Risk teams for many different clients, predominately in Australia, but also throughout Asia and the Middle East. Every other agency out there describes their clients as “Tier 1,” so let’s go one better and tell you who some of our clients are. For example, we work with the likes of CBA, KPMG, Macquarie Bank, Deloitte, the ASX, Telstra, Woolies, Splunk, Origin Energy, Verizon, and many, many more.
From our offices in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane, despite the world still emerging from its collective Covid cave, we’ve grown, improving our year-on-year revenue performance by 30% - a real sign that our industry is buzzing, and your commission coffers can overflow! We’re now looking for Cyber Security Recruitment Consultants located in Sydney to capitalise on this growth by working a very warm desk, with warm colleagues and ever warmer… coffee? Mulled wine? Your call.
So, what will your role involve? If you’ve been in recruitment for a period, we reckon you know what’s involved in a 360 role – develop clients, manage candidate process, close deals and make money. Simple, really.
Typically, the more detailed role spec reads as follows:
· Building searches and pipelines in LinkedIn Recruiter, and our database.
· Mapping the market, ensuring you know who’s who, what’s what, where the best candidates are at and what motivates them.
· Speaking with many different candidates each day, both to discuss a particular job vacancy you’re aiming to fill, and also just to shoot the breeze and build relationships.
· Recruiting against specific vacancies – understanding what the client wants and identifying and attracting the right people whose skills align with the vacancy.
· Attending industry events and meetups if that’s your jam (the beer/wine is free, so you just might like them, and if you don’t drink, that’s a-ok - perhaps you’ll value the opportunity to shake the hands of people in your space and make connections).
· Guiding candidates throughout the hiring process; understanding their personal drivers, negotiating salaries, seeking offer acceptance and placing people into good jobs, improving their professional working lives (and getting paid for the privilege).
You’ve heard about the benefits, you’ve heard about us as a business, you’ve heard about what you’ll actually be doing in this role, so how about hearing about you?
Firstly, allow us to say we’re not rigidly looking for XYZ years of experience (we know that’s a silly metric to measure talent or ability, so we don’t bother). To us, attitude is infinitely more important that experience. If you’re enthusiastic and hungry, if you’re motivated to succeed and if closing sales excites you, we reckon you’d be a great fit, and we reckon you could make a lot of money in this line of work – serious six figures!
Here are the biggest things which will set you up to succeed:
· A genuine interest in cyber security, and a desire to learn about the industry.
· A willingness to pick up the phone, introduce yourself to someone you’ve not yet spoken with, and have a good chat with them.
· A truly inquisitive nature. This phrase gets thrown around a lot, but we mean it. You should want to know things like what motivates an individual to change jobs, what’s the most important thing they’re looking for, what ultimate challenge does the client need you to solve, how will hiring a given role address the problem, what the nature of the role involves and what key skills are required, etc., etc.
· Self-motivation! Some days, things won’t go your way, that’s just life. When this happens, you need to be the type of person who stares stress and annoyance in the face and winks. Be resilient, get back on the horse, keep going. This can be a tough job at times; you need to be tougher.
Go on, give us a call, say hello and let’s see if we click with one another.