The Decipher Bureau has been engage by a leading international technology innovator who provides security products/solutions, consultancy and integration services to governments, defence, security and law enforcement agencies.
They have attracted some of the best-in-class security minds in the country and are now seeking to appoint an experienced Manager, Software Engineering who will take responsibility for a portfolio of business unit software projects overseeing Team Leaders, staff and software deliverables.
In this role you will identify engineering services required to deliver high quality software releases and reduce friction on iterative releases. In addition, serve as overall engineering lead and manage all software projects, assist team leads, product owners and field engineers in designing and optimizing capabilities plus vetting product owner requirements and refine software project requirements. Key managerial responsibilities will see you set objectives, monitor performance, encourage bi-directional communication and ensure the overall wellbeing of direct reports.
To be considered for this role, we are looking for the following...
- Eligible for security clearance (NV1)
- Bachelors degree
- 10 years of relatable experience including 8+ years of software development, automation, engineering or network ops
- Experience with high-level programming languages & mechanics
- Linux, Windows, Max, android or iOS op systems
- Containerization technologies (Docker or similar)
- Platforms such as Bamboo, Jenkins, Github or Gitlab
- 2+ years in a team leadership/management position
- Experience with low-level programming & instruction sets
- Exposure to defence, government and/or law enforcement software environment(s).
If you're looking for a new challenge with a global tech innovator, this role sets the high level mission of "what to build" and for the team to determine "how to build" with a universal commitment to excellence. For a confidential discussion, please contact Paul O'Brien on firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance.
Decipher Bureau and the clients we partner with are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.