Are you ready for your next career move that provides an opportunity to drive/own the AppSec roadmap whilst mentoring and advising developers?
Can you plan/build/run a customised (and mostly automated) secure SDLC program for developers and deliver an AppSec ecosystem that enhances development teams?
Do you have a secure software engineering background that covers digital, mobile/web development technologies across enterprise environments?
If so, this could be the perfect opportunity for a highly skilled Senior AppSec Engineer to move into a Team Leader role, or an existing Manager/Leader looking for a fresh challenge. The CISO is looking for someone to lead a small AppSec team who will have a patient approach coming in, work with the dev teams to establish the secure coding environment and collaborate with the cloud and engineering heads.
Being early in the AppSec journey and with a high degree of customisation, there will be plenty of opportunities to showcase your capabilities and project management expertise.
What this role needs...
- Extensive application or product security experience with most likely a decade of product development/software engineering experience.
- Strong secure app design and threat modelling approaches with a DevOps/Agile way of working.
- You understand code, but this is not a full hands-on coding role
- A skilled communicator who can use their influencing skills to manage stakeholder expectations and deliver updates to project sponsors/technical leaders in a professional and articulate fashion.
- The ability to keep abreast of emerging security threats to the business environment
- An appreciation for frameworks/standards including OWASP, PCI-DSS, ISO27001 & NIST
- Exposure to AWS would be viewed favourably (but not essential)