Security Practice Lead
- Permanent / Full Time
Highly respected Australian brand operating with an excellent in-house Cyber team, which is growing quickly. With budget to invest in Cyber projects and uplift capability, there is an opportunity for a Security Practice Lead to bridge the gap between the engineering team and the Security team.
Working with true flexibility, this person can would only be required in the office 1 day per week. As a culture, they are very collaborative, smart and focused. It’s a growing team of around 50 people, managing a large company, so your role will be varied and interesting. It’s a very diverse team welcoming people who can bring new ideas to the table.
The role of the Security Practice Lead involves the definition and implementation of the companies DevSecOps strategy, aimed at empowering engineering teams to prioritise security throughout the entire process, starting from ideation to release and ongoing support.
This position entails comprehending and reconciling the requirements of product delivery and technical initiatives, while fostering a culture of collaboration centred around security.
Working closely with other Practice Leads in the organisation you will be responsible in making sure a consistent and streamlined interface is created for the rest of the business to interact with.
• Ongoing development and execution of a cohesive DevSecOps strategy
• Facilitating and coordinating efforts for security incident response and crisis management
• Maintaining awareness of industry trends and emerging threats to inform strategic decisions
• Cultivating and nurturing relationships with important stakeholders, such as Engineering Managers, Security Professionals, Cyber Security experts, and other relevant departments
• Empowering and educating security professionals
• Establishing and managing vital partnerships with key vendors.
Essential experience & skills:
• Emphasis on security mindset
• Proficiency in DevSecOps controls, best practices, and technologies
• Track record of maintaining high-quality secure code and detecting common coding flaws and security vulnerabilities
• Effective influencing skills with geographically dispersed engineering teams and senior management
• Hands-on experience in implementing OWASP standards within an environment
• Familiarity with CI/CD methodologies, processes, and tools
If this sounds like something you'd be interested in, please get in touch on firstname.lastname@example.org or apply through the link. This company truly is a world leading organisation so I am happy to have confidential conversations if you want to find out more.
Decipher Bureau and the clients we partner with are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.