This global Risk Advisory business is growing at pace and they are looking for at least one more Senior Consultant to join their Sydney team and lead engagements end to end. This is a key position with responsibility for assisting in the effective management of clients, projects and staff, with a focus on ISO27001 and 31000 risk assessments. There are high requirements of research, planning, delivering (i.e. fieldwork) and reporting of risk advisory services. Also, Senior Consultants have a responsibility for extensive client contact, staff training and liaison with third parties. Key Responsibilities:
Skills and experience required:
- Conduct various risk advisory engagements (e.g. audit, consulting, compliance, etc) across a broad range of industries;
- Management and co-ordination of the team including training, mentoring and methodology compliance;
- Maintain strong budgetary discipline ensuring there are no major over runs. Ability to plan effective and realistic budgets;
- Work with and influence clients at senior levels in different business environments;
- Performs technical and operational reviews for a range of clients with differing risk profiles;
- Summarises the key areas of the engagement for the Partner or Senior Manager;
- Identifies potential issues and documenting issue and proposed recommendation for Partner or Snr Management's attention;
- Develop a detailed understanding of client systems, processes and internal control environment;
- Assist Partner/Principal and/or Managers in business development and marketing activities;
- Contributes to meetings and ability to make effective presentations.
- 4+ year’s risk advisory experience preferably within Professional Services
- Strong communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Strong understanding of effective governance processes and controls, including compliance operational and performance focussed reviews
- Strong understanding of risk management (risk assessment, mitigation and remediation) and the ISO 27001 and 31000 Risk Management Standards
- Ability to utilise resources to optimise engagement outcomes through self-management;
- Ability to value add by providing practical recommendations.
If you are a Senior Consultant and you are looking to join a more boutique organisation that will give you broader exposure to a wider array of risk engagements, and see you working more closely with Partners within the business, please contact Matt on email@example.com without delay.