This unique role gives somebody the chance to use their experience from large and small environments and work in what is essentially a start up within an ASX listed business. Huge backing and support from the board to build out and improve Cyber Defence with investment into Cyber, company wide.
Have you worked in some challenging cyber defence teams and can bring both technical and some new ideas to this business?
if you're passionate about innovation and challenging the status quo, this role will open up a world of opportunity for you.The Role:
In a technical leadership role, assist to design, engineer and operate an advanced threat detection and response capability. This includes leading research and reporting of current and emerging cyber threats as it relates to the business and objectives, assisting other teams and businesses to continuously improve cyber detection and prevention strategies and protocols, guide strategic change initiatives including business development opportunities for a cyber resilient and strong cyber defensive outcome.Core Responsibilities:
A bit about you:
- Engineering and design contributions for a Cyber Fusion Centre (CFC) – including rapid prototyping, testing hypotheses, establishing service catalog and related services, vendor evaluations, protocols and operational SLAs.
- Representative for the business across company wide (Threat Intelligence Providers, Law Enforcement & Industry Partners (local and global).
- Research current and emerging threats & TTPs and provide actionable intelligence (and advisories). This includes preparedness assessment and recommendations for uplift / mitigations
- Proactively & strategically engineer mitigations for current and emerging threats relevant to Group in collaboration with internal stakeholders
- Threat hunting & attack simulation (measuring & testing efficacy of defence solutions and assisting strategic planning uplifts, purple teaming)
- Providing security engineering solutions and support during significant Group-level cyber incidents, proactively considering the prevention of similar incidents from occurring in the future.
Design, engineer and recommend defensible cyber architecture, security monitoring and related operational capabilities to defend and protect organisational assets (physical, digital, information)
Experience operating in regulated environment highly desirable.
- Experience working in threat detection and response, global security and operations teams in delivering outcomes with cyber engineering excellence and a focus on the customer and business needs, highly desirable.
- Experience threat hunting (IoCs, research and tooling) and purple teaming well regarded.
- Demonstrated and strong skills in both written and verbal technical communication, detailed and critical thinking, strategic thinking, collaboration & stakeholder management.
- Passion for continuous learning
- Creativity & ability to ‘find a way/ solution’ in a matrix environment
- Strong knowledge of cyber security current and emerging threats, and emerging cyber technology trends.
Tech Skills: (Some of the following)
Cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, GCP), security technologies (firewalls, WAF, proxy, endpoint security (e.g. Crowdstrike, Defender ATP), scanners (rapid7, OWASP ZAP, Burpsuite, Tenable, Qualys), SIEM (e.g. Splunk, Elastic, LogRhythm, Azure Sentinel), open source tools (MISP, malware sandboxes, threat hunting tools (nmap, metasploit, others), purple team tooling (e.g. kali linux), operating systems (linux, microsoft, iOS).
- Design, engineer and recommend defensible cyber architecture, security monitoring and related operational capabilities to defend and protect organisational assets (physical, digital, information)
- SOC & SIEM design, continuous improvement
- Continuous improvement: Log Management, IDS/ IPS/ Firewall and WAF
- Incident Response
- Threat detection & response experience including development of technical monitoring/defence use cases (SIEM/ SOC)
- Endpoint Detection and Response
- Threat Intelligence & Analysis
Please apply within or send me an e-mail on firstname.lastname@example.org
The role is primarily based in Melbourne but we can consider candidates from other states.