Hey, Pen Testers, we’ve done this before, but let’s start with something a bit different. Below are a couple of legitimate, verbatim quotes from other pen testers
that we've helped get hired with this boutique offensive security consultancy (this is them talking, not me):
- “Super excited about the work I’m involved in, and my wifey is likely tired of me talking about it, haha.”
- “It’s great! REDACTED (Business Owner) is amazing and the team are lovely. Thanks again, I’m super happy mate.”
- “I’m loving it here, new things to learn every day and the crew is epic. Cheers for hooking me up.”
Now, why might you want to work for this boutique offensive security business? Many reasons, really. Let’s keep things punchy:
- NO SALES! Again, ZERO SALES! This is a 100%, purely technical role. No sales. No BD. Just technical offensive security work.
- You’ll be encouraged to travel to attend industry events and conferences (people from this company recently travelled to Las Vegas for Black Hat and Def Con – that could be you!).
- There’s a legit, real culture of collaboration and cohesion – nobody is left to fend for themselves, knowledge is shared, and everyone learns from everyone.
- You can 100% work from home, from anywhere in Australia. Literally anywhere.
- Apart from the usual bread & butter pen tests (webapps, API’s, etc.), you’ll get involved in proper red team engagements (everything from internal hacks, physical infiltrations, phishing campaigns, social engineering, simulations, etc.).
- This business will pay for you to obtain industry certs, whatever they cost; there is no “XYZ” training budget per year. Want your CRT? Go for it, and it won’t cost you a cent. Keen on your OSWP? Great, this business will facilitate that for you. CRTP more of interest to you? Do it. You get the picture.
- You’ll receive regular pay reviews, be fairly rewarded for your work and receive a bonus component which grows every year, to some quite substantial numbers, it must be said.
- You’ll be working with some genuinely great people. This one’s difficult to qualify, but take my word for it; you’re potential future colleagues are downright decent, intelligent and fun.
Now, if you’re already working as a tester, you don’t need me to insult your intelligence by breaking down every single task you’ll be doing day-to-day, so I won’t. Suffice it to say, you’ll be playing with wireless assessments, webapps, API’s, a bit of AppSec, internal and/or external testing, the red teaming piece and all that comes with it (physicals, phishing, social eng., simulations, etc.), mobile testing, thick client, etc., etc., etc. There will also be the usual interacting with clients across a variety of industries and report writing, but do you know what there won’t be? Sales/BD. I can’t stress this enough – this is a 100% technically focused role.
So, what is this boutique business looking for? An established tester with Aussie work rights who’s played in the above spaces, who holds their OSCP or CREST cert. That’s it.
Who might this job suit?
- Someone working for a BIG (*cough* 4 *cough*) consultancy who’s bored of (pre)sales, BD and putting PowerPoint presentations together, and who simply wants to focus on testing.
- Someone who wants the convenience of working from the comfort of their own home.
- Someone who actually wants to be part of a brilliant team who share info and help one another – if you’re a lone wolf or operate best as an island, this probably isn’t the environment for you.
- Someone bored of testing webapps day in, day out, and who wants legit exposure to technically interesting work, and a plethora of cool tools with which to play.
Reach out, say hi, and let’s have a chat about YOU. Contact me, Michael, directly on email@example.com or apply to this role. Please rest assured anything discussed is kept 100% confidential, and only between you and me.
Decipher Bureau and the clients we partner with are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.