Be a high impact senior security architect, not just there to tick boxes but to actually make an impact, look at various projects in early phases and ensure correct security architecture is in place.
Are you used to working in highly technical environments?
Can you still get your hands dirty with technical engineers but you’ve now moved into Architecture so you can do the high level discussion too?
This role is going to offer variation and challenge.
We are working with a well known brand who is building out the security for part of their business. The business is enterprise scale, but in this part of the business you will be part of a small team that’s working across a number of projects.
You will be working to design security controls and solutions for various different parts of the technology teams, which could span data, networks or applications. You will also be doing security reviews and advising technical teams to ensure the correct security controls and strategies are in place in this fast moving, agile environment.
You will get to work on the latest in tech, there has been millions invested into technology for the business and the environment is focused around engineering, so the need to still be technically strong is important.
- Produce security solution architecture designs and perform security design reviews for digital projects using Agile and traditional project delivery.
- Work with business units and with other risk functions to identify security requirements using Cyber Security design principles and industry practices.
- Guide and assist in the production of Cyber Security strategy across the digital businesses.
- Acquire a complete understanding of the technology system and application landscape and assess from a cybersecurity perspective.
- Provide security architecture guidance to various projects with a mixed deployment model (mainly cloud with some on-premise).
- Produce security design that meets business requirements and is compliant with cyber security policy and standards.
- Work with enterprise IT Security Architecture team to develop patterns and standards.
- Work with IT department and members of Group IT Cyber Security team to identify, select and implement technical controls.
- Collaborate on critical IT projects to ensure that security issues are addressed throughout the project life cycle.
- Work with Cyber Security Leadership team to develop strategies and plans to enforce security requirements and address identified risks and develop security awareness programs
Key Experience Required:
- 5 + years experience in technical design and architecture
- current or previous experience in configuring, operating, designing and architecting security solutions for business and technology initiatives
- demonstrable experience working with public cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP), containers, Kubernetes and related technologies
- experience with security engineering, DevSecOps, infrastructure-as-code, CI/CD, automation, and application development desirable
- Background in understanding Application security, API’s and Software preferable
- familiarity with SABSA, NIST 800-53, Open FAIR, MITRE ATT&CK/D3FEND, threat modelling and related methodologies or frameworks
- familiarity working within an Agile environment