Wintel Engineer – Essential 8 (Security Clearance)
As a Wintel Engineer at this federal government department, you will provide specialist Wintel engineering skills to install, maintain and support IT systems in line with Essential 8 and support Federal government. This involves the fulfilment of infrastructure requests, responding to incidents and supporting the technical delivery of projects. The role is based a hybrid position with a working from home options but unfortunately due to the nature of the role there is NO set working schedule. You might be required to work one month at a time.
This role will help build the Cyber maturity for the department in line with Essential 8 strategies. So, any previous experience on E8 is HIGHLY desirable.
Your Key Duties will include:
- Working with enterprise systems focusing on security.
- Help implement essential 8 mitigation strategies such as networks separation, user access separation, non-privileged access and MFA etc.
- Migrate services and applications to through AWS or Azure.
- Identify and address inefficient procedures or processes, promoting a continuous improvement culture.
- Assist in creating accurate, concise, and timely reports and technical documentation in line with Essential 8.
- Implementing Essential 8 compliance at all levels and making sure the cyber security journey is achieved.
To excel in this role, you should possess the following qualifications, skills, knowledge, and experience:
- Possess a baseline Clearance or above [ESSENTIAL]
- Experience in implementing Essential 8
- Exposure to latest cyber trends.
- Experience in supporting and troubleshooting Windows Server & VMware Environments
- Proficiency in Microsoft Technologies, particularly MS Windows Server, Active Directory, and Windows Patching using SCCM/MECM.
- Good working knowledge of core services such as DNS and TCP/IP.
- MS SQL & Exchange / M365 messaging would be beneficial
If this role sounds interesting to you please do not hesitate to reach out to me on firstname.lastname@example.org or apply to the advert.